Working with schools and colleges
The Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy is committed to learning within the field of science. Members of the department work with numerous schools and colleges to enrich learning within the pupils own school or college and also by holding residential courses and open days for school and college pupils.
The selection mentioned below are representative of the activities organised within the department.
- Primary schools outreach programme
- Residential science courses for prospective Cambridge students (access initiative)
- Non-residential courses for prospective Cambridge students (access initiative)
- Courses on Materials Science for teachers
- Web-based teaching resources
If you are looking for undergraduate admissions information please look on the Cambridge Admissions Office website. There are also a number of useful publications you can download for people who want to know more, for example, about the Natural Sciences Tripos, or the facilities available if you have a disability.