skip to content

The Guild of St. George of the Armourers was instituted in 1322 when regulations were laid down for control of the trade. The arms of the Brasiers' Company were joined with those of the Armourers after 1708. A large fraction of the charitable giving of the Company supports Materials Science education from primary school to research-student level and beyond.

The Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy is very grateful to the Worshipful Company of Armourers and Brasiers' for supporting the Cambridge Forum.